Included In This Lesson
The Respiratory Course covers the most important lung-related issues. The lungs are how we get oxygen, which we need to survive, so we make sure you understand how to assess whether the lungs are working properly or not. We also walk you through the different methods for giving oxygen to a patient and how to make sure it’s enough! We break down some of the most common acute, chronic, and infection-related lung diseases, as well as the most common procedures related to the lungs. With this course, you can breathe easy when caring for your patients! Upon completion of this course, you will be able to…
- Describe the basic anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system and identify normal and abnormal lung sounds.
- Discuss the pathophysiology and nursing implications for some of the most common lung diseases, including chronic conditions and infectious processes.
- Discuss nursing priorities for oxygen delivery, including safe management of artificial airways.
- Discuss the pathophysiology and nursing implications for a patient experiencing chest/pulmonary trauma or who has received a chest tube.
- Discuss the nursing priorities when caring for a patient undergoing a bronchoscopy or thoracentesis.