Included In This Lesson
The role of the nurse in the Community is multifaceted and brings many challenges. In this course, we help you understand concepts at the core of Community Health Nursing, the various settings involved, and factors that influence the care of diverse populations. We also discuss how to effectively implement population-focused care while managing risks and preventing disease.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the priorities of a community health nurse in general.
- Discuss the various practice settings involved in community health nursing and their individual priorities.
- Discuss factors that influence care in the community and how to manage those for the best outcomes.
- Discuss how to implement population-focused care for diverse populations and varying community aggregates.
- Discuss how to manage larger risks to the community as a whole such as communicable diseases and disasters.