Nurses spend most of their work time standing or walking on hard surfaces as they attend to patient needs. Over time, they start damaging their plantar fascia, the part of the foot that helps absorb shock.
The repeated tearing and stretching of the plantar fascia increases the risk of developing plantar fasciitis.
So what is this plantar fasciitis…
Plantar fasciitis is a condition that entails swelling of the tissues at the bottom of your foot and is a major cause of heel pain. If you’re a nurse who wears shoes with inadequate support, you might have experienced this condition before.
What is the solution?
Nurses should wear shoes that have good support to minimize the risk of attracting plantar fasciitis. Here are some of our picks for shoes for nurses with plantar fasciitis.
Our Top 8 Picks for Nurses with Plantar Fasciitis
1. Orthofeet Plantar Fasciitis Orthopedic Shoes
This orthotic sneaker is specially designed to maximize comfort on your feet, knees, and lower back while conducting your regular occupation routines. The two-way lacing system with adjustable straps in the side and heel of the shoe allows for a custom and adjustable fit.
With these shoes, you have support around your foot placement to help with poor positioning and eliminating heel pain. You can easily fasten the Orthofeet plantar fasciitis orthopedic shoe with shoelaces thanks to the two-way lacing system and closure.
- Big toe box for hammertoes and bunion solutions
- It comes with a lightweight ergonomic sole accompanied by air cushions
- Comfortable foam padding for a better fit
- The extended width provides more room for your feet
- An excellent choice for nurses with arthritis, diabetes, and neuropathy
- Premium orthotic insoles featuring anatomical arch support and various cushioning layers for a soft pillow-like support
- It comes with a unique therapeutic design to enhance stability, alleviates stress on the joints, and improve ease of walking
- Limited colors
- The sole isn’t much durable
General Customer Reviews
Different customers have had mixed opinions about this shoe. And as you’ll know, one of the best places to acquire information about a product is through customer reviews.
Generally, the shoe is rated five stars by most customers on Amazon. However, we still have some that don’t like the shoe and they gave their reasons as well. One customer on Amazon complained of the shoe wearing out in just three months after purchase.
Well, I guess the customer could have bought a low-quality product of the same type…
If you’re considering buying this product, feel free to go through customer reviews before getting a pair.
The cost of the Orthofeet plantar fasciitis orthopedic shoe is $129.95 at Amazon. However, you can still shop around from local shops for discounted prices…
Just be careful with the quality of the shoe.
2. Nurse Mates Bryar slip-on clog shoes
Just from reading the name, I can easily tell that this show is meant for nurses. The Nurse Mates Bryar comes in a sleek design and super cute color to enhance your overall appearance.
The additional comfortable padding provides extra support and comfort. This is one of the best shoes for nurses with plantar fasciitis. The specifically designed arch helps alleviate plantar fasciitis in nurses.
If you’re worried about maintaining a professional look, the Nurse Mates Bryar got you covered. The shoes are made with sturdy leather materials to enhance your professional appearance. This helps increase confidence. The shoes come with a 2.5-inch heel.
- The shoe is stain-resistant and easy to clean
- Regular and wide widths are available
- Stylish design to increase your confidence and attract other people’s attention
- The pillow top footbed comes with moisture management to keep your shore comfortable
- A budget-friendly shoe for nurses with plantar fasciitis
- Elastic bands allow you to wear them and take them off easily
- The super shock resistance feature allows for impact dissipation
- Some people complain of limited durability
- The shoe is difficult to find (some colors are already out of stock on Amazon)
General Customer Reviews
Most reviews revealed that customers are satisfied with the comfortability of this shoe. They also say that the show is well priced according to its function. You too can get it on Amazon.
The Nurse Mates Bryar retails at a price between $67-$90 which, compared to the value you get, is the best price. However, the price can vary depending on where you buy them.
3. Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Shoes
If you’re a nurse working for lengthy hours, the Brooks Womens’ Addiction Walker Shoes are worth a purchase. This shoe is made with state-of-the-art technology to provide a comfortable walking experience.
Also, these lace-up shoes deliver a clean, low profile design made of light brooks stitch detailing and a full-grain leather upper for a modern, casual appearance.
This shoe also comes with thick padding on the interior so that your feet fit snuggly. This allows for a comfortable walk. The extended progressive diagonal rollbar provides support to your arch keeping your body in its natural path of motion.
Available in black, white bone/off-white color options, the Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker shoes will surely enhance your appearance as a nurse.
- This show is designed to support nurses with overpronation and low arches
- Rubber traction outsole provides adequate grip, stability and water dispersion
- Excellent cushioning thanks to the thick and durable midsoles
- The shoe provides for a slip-resistant and secure fit
- The full-grain leather upper allows for extended durability for the shoe
- The replaceable insole allows you to switch or change footbeds depending on your medical conditions like plantar fasciitis.
- Sometimes it fits tightly around the top
Pricing and Reviews
Pricing for Brooks Women’s Addiction walking shoes starts from $50.21 up to $229.89. This depends on the size of the shoe, the material, among other things.
Most Amazon customers have rated it 5 stars, which means it’s an excellent choice for nurses with plantar fasciitis. According to them, it’s a wonderful, life-changing shoe with good support. Others recommend buying a size larger for a perfect fit.
4. Alegra’s Women’s Debra Slip-On
Here’s another excellent shoe for nurses with plantar fasciitis. The Alegra’s Women’s Debra Slip-On takes the form of tennis footwear and many nurses are starting to like it.
Nurses who go for 12-hour shifts will find comfort in these shoes.
- The shoes are made from leather which makes them durable
- They come in large sizes to fit the needs of nurses with big feet
- Provide excellent arch support minimizing the risk of plantar fasciitis
- Synthetic soles
- Hand-stitched leather upper, insole, and lining
- The slip-resistant feature allows you to walk comfortably without slipping and tripping off the ground
- Improved pressure distribution with a mild rocker outsole
- Certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
- Not all sizes are available
- You need some time to loosen the leather material and to make it comfortable
Pricing and Reviews
For as low as $69.00, you can buy yourself this beautiful shoe from Amazon. The price varies depending on many factors, like size and it can go up to $149.95.
I went through some customer reviews on Amazon because I wanted to be sure that I’m recommending the right product to you. And as always, some customers gave positive opinions while others just didn’t like the shoe.
5. Reebok ZigWild TR 2 Running Shoes
If you’re looking for perfect gifts for nurses, these shoes will surely put a smile on someone’s face.
The Reebok ZigWild TR 2 running shoes are an excellent choice for restless routines and nurse schedules. These shoes are highly breathable and deliver a comfortable walking experience.
The built-in memory foam molds to your feet allowing you to keep your shoes on for extended periods. They have rubber soles that prevent slip and fall accidents even while walking on slippery surfaces. What’s more, they are made from textile and synthetic materials and have a sleek design.
While wearing the Reebok ZigWild TR2 running shoes, you can confidently walk in front of people without the fear of falling or awkward appearance.
- The zig-zag sole provides enough grip to walk on slippery floors while attending to emergency cases
- The shoes are comfortable and flexible, especially for nurses with plantar fasciitis
- Highly-responsive, shock-absorbing midsole minimizes the impact
- The shoes come with breathable sections that help keep your feet dry and non-sweaty
- Robust memory foam that adapts to your feet
- It’s quite expensive
Price and Customer Reviews
Interested in buying these shoes?
It will cost you around $79.99 – $159.99 to own a pair of these shoes. But considering the features and the health benefits you get, it’s such a reasonable amount.
Many customers have applauded the comfort and functionality that comes with the Reebok ZigWild TR 2 shoes. You should check them out and give us your opinion.
6. New Balance Women’s Cushioning Trail Running shoe
The New Balance Women’s Cushioning Running Shoes is another excellent option for nurses who spent most of their time on their feet.
These shoes are lightweight allowing you to walk for long hours without tiring your feet. They are also highly breathable, allowing you to wear them for long hours without sweating your feet.
The excellent quality makes them ideal for nurses who go for extended shifts. The advanced ACTEVA midsole technology and cushioning system are some of the best features that come with the New Balanced Women’s Cushioning Trail Running Shoe.
The sturdy grip on the outsole allows nurses to walk on newly cleaned and slippery floors without much fear and struggle. They are also an excellent choice for nurses with wide feet and high arches.
- Light and easy on the feet
- Ideal for nurses with wider feet
- Cushioning combinations allows your feet to stay in shoes for extended periods
- Valuable arch support
- The midsoles minimize impact and protect the heels
- Affordable option
- Since they are a bit too roomer, nurses with narrower feet are disadvantaged
Pricing and Reviews
This is one of the most affordable shoes I’ve seen for nurses with plantar fasciitis. A pair goes for around $45.49 to $145.60 depending on the size and the seller.
The shoes have received positive reviews from many customers online.
7. Vionic’s Orthotic Walking Shoes
Vionic’s Orthotic Walking Shoe is the perfect sneaker for individuals with feet ailments like plantar fasciitis. The shoe is podiatrist-designed for nurses who spend most of their time on their feet.
It also has a multi-sequins upper with mesh detailing for enhanced airflow. The Vionic Orthotic Walking Shoe is made from leather materials hence will stand the test of time.
The firm heel counter provides support to your foot’s back while maintaining its position inside the sneaker.
A reliable and durable rubber outsole is built for control and slip resistance. The sneaker has been expertly designed to provide comfort and a high degree of stability while performing daily tasks.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance requirements
- Provides excellent long-term foot health
- The replaceable insole is essential for those needing a specialized footbed
- Comfortable, low-stress lift off your steps
- The TPU shank protects your arch and supports the foot allowing the midfoot to maintain an adequate level of firmness
- They wear out quickly, precisely on the toes
Pricing and Reviews
This comfortable sneaker retails at a price anywhere between $49.90 and $129.94. Of course, this will vary depending on factors like the size of your feet and the color of the shoes.
Many customers regard these shoes as an ultimate solution to their Plantar fasciitis condition.
9. Orthofeet Men’s Sneakers
All the shoes we’ve highlighted above are specifically for female nurses. However, I can’t forget the male nurses with plantar fasciitis… this one’s for you.
The Orthofeet Men’s sneakers are designed to ease plantar fasciitis and other foot problems among male nurses. These sneakers are made with breathable materials to prevent your feet from sweating.
The non-tie lacing and unique colors are some of the features that make this product outstanding.
These sneakers come with an advanced cushioning system to prevent blisters and soreness on your feet. This is a major challenge for anyone who stays in their shoes for long periods…
Furthermore, the gel padding eliminates any discomforts on your feet. The anatomical arch support system wraps on your feet ensuring that weight is evenly distributed across the insole.
So, if you’re a male nurse who wants to prevent plantar fasciitis, this is the right time to purchase these beautiful sneakers.
- Comes with gel pads to eliminate muscle fatigue
- Perfectly designed for flat-feet male nurses
- Orthopedic insoles to provide ample arch support
- Modernized air flow cushioning system for comfort and extra spring
- Not very light
Pricing and Reviews
The Orthofeet Men’s Sneakers are valued at $129.95 at Amazon…
I’ve read many customer reviews about these sneakers and I can tell, many people love them.
Are you a nursing student struggling to achieve your dream? I understand how
challenging it can get and that’s why I want to make things easier for you.
Allow me to introduce you to the nursing.com website…
This website provides a supplement to nursing students to help them through nursing school. Many students who’ve joined nursing.com have improved their lowest grade by 12 points and have a 99% pass rate.
Here’s how it all goes down…
- Watch lesson videos
- Review study tools
- Take practice question
- Take NCLEX simulation
If you can successfully follow and complete these steps at the nursing.com website, you’re a step away from passing your nursing exams.
The best part is that everything is under one location, the study tools, lectures, questions, and just anything you need to pass your nursing exams.
Nursing.com provides clear, concise, and visual lessons by outstanding practicing nurses.
In addition, the visual study tools are aimed at helping you master complex topics. The visual, kinesthetic, auditory, and reading/writing study tools enable you to master content the way you want. Some visual study tools you’ll find at the nursing.com website include;
- 3D anatomy models
- Picmonics (this one requires Picmonic membership)
- Flashcards (coming soon)
The visual practice question offered at this site helps you deal with test anxiety. The quiz builder will test you best on your learning style. The nursing practice questions (NPQ) include over 6000 practice questions to help you pass your nursing exams.
The test practice questions features…
- Advanced customer quiz builder
- Alternate format questions
- Extremely in-depth instructive rationales
- Up-to-date with current NCLEX test plan
- Individual global rank
- Challenging questions composed by NCSBN trained NCLEX question writers
At nursing.com, we strive to save you at least 4 hours of study a week while helping you improve your grades.
The website is used by more than 360000 top nursing students from various institutions including HCA Healthcare, and NYU. This is a good reason for you to trust us.
Nursing.com has a refund policy…
For instance, if you pass SIMCLEX and fail the NCLEX, you get your money back. You can start with the free trial, to get a feel of the website and all that’s offered (but, of course, it has limited features).
If you’re still not convinced about joining nursing.com, visit the site and go through some of the reviews from top nurses who benefited from the site.
If your grades are dropping and you feel like you’re wasting time doing a nursing course, let nursing.com help you out.